East Lincoln Christian Ministry, Inc. is a non-profit organization entirely staffed by volunteers who have been serving our community since 1983. Church at Denver has been represented on their Board of Directors since 2016.
Primary year-round ministries where one can volunteer as little as 1 hour a month include Crisis Assistance, Home Meals and Hunger relief. These ministries are supplemented by periodic programs such as Tax Preparation Services and Mobile Food Pantries and an annual fund-raising Golf Tournament.
Primary funding is provided by sales of donated items at its two locations. “The Closet” features everything from clothing for all ages to toys, books, kitchenware, school/office supplies and so much more. The Furniture Annex not only has furniture for every room in the house but also sports and gardening equipment, appliances and more. You won’t find better bargains anywhere – Shopping here is a “Win-Win proposition” !
Below is an example of the assistance provided in a year !
- 2900 full baskets of food to crisis clients (over 8000 individuals)
- 1000 households served at the six mobile food pantries
- 200+Easter baskets for children 10 years and under
- 250+ holiday meals for families at Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas
- 1500 Christmas gifts to children, elderly and disabled
- 90 individuals served by volunteer dentist on the dental bus
- 300+book bags loaded with school supplies for students
- 775 families assisted financially for utility, housing and medical expenses
- 15,000 hot meals delivered to elderly/homebound by 200+ volunteer drivers
- 300+items of furniture, appliances or household goods to crisis clients
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC TUESDAY, THURSDAY & SATURDAY 9 AM-12 NOON
How to get involved
If you’d like to help serve or have questions, please contact Mike or Jill Carey at Lkncareys@aol.com or 704-281-6072.
Check out the ELCM Facebook page at East Lincoln Christian Ministry | Facebook and website at elcmdenver.com.
- Two men needed on any Saturday AM to help load/unload items at the “Furniture Annex” 8:30 till Noon
- Assistants needed for food rescue pickup from grocery stores Wed and Fri 12:30 p.m. – 2:30p.m.
- Food Pantry Team Leaders needed for Thursday and Saturday 7:00a.m. – noon.